“Primary classes hold the most weightage”, “Primary classes shape your child’s attitude”, “Don’t let your kid be ignorant during their primary schooling”, and so on. Did you ever stop and think what is the hype all about?
Well, when it comes to a child’s education, parents need to be present 100%. From finding the best primary school for your kid to learning about how it is the most crucial stage in your child’s life, everything gets covered under the responsibilities of a parent.
Children from age 5 to age 11 are enrolled in primary classes and these are the years that teach your children the most about the outer world. Before getting into primary classes, your child is unaware of the external environment, emotional availability and social expectations. Meeting other children and studying under the supervision of the best teachers, they grab new surroundings and learnings. Also, it is scientifically proven that children start to acknowledge changes in their lives once they turn five years of age. There are a plethora of reasons that primary classes are considered to be one of the most important phases of a child’s life.
Before you start hunting for the best Indian public school for your child’s primary education, have a look at the most believed and practical reasons as to why focus on primary education the most.
Top reasons to support the hype of primary education
- Basic skill development: Communication and cooperation are the two factors that your kid should work on. As parents, you might get them to understand the importance of right communication but they would practically realize it only when they are away from their comfort zone. You cannot keep your child pampered for their whole life and decode their emotions. Your child needs to understand how to communicate well with others and at the same time understand their emotions too. So, primary education mainly focuses on developing basic skills and teaching them their importance alongside.
- Necessary physical development: Physical development of a child is usually overlooked. Parents are more aware of the mental and emotional growth during the initial years but physical. They need to get out with a group of kids and play with them. The primary teachers also involve them in physical activities like running games or swimming. Many schools include such activities in their extracurriculars so that the children can take some time off of mental and educational race.
- Social behaviour: Until you put your child out in society, they wouldn’t know how to react and behave. When it comes to societal challenges, every little thing matters. So, even if your child is being curious about something, staring at it for long isn’t how it should be portrayed. This is how social exposure helps shape a child. They are taught how to behave amongst others, how to be polite and friendly and how to control their expressions and emotions when surrounded by many people.
- Mental growth: We usually give mental growth the required attention, but forget to not pressurize children. They already have so much on their plate to learn that adding different aspects every day would only make it hard on them. Primary schools are well aware of the tact that keeps the children in check and involve them in activities that eventually focus on mental growth. The day your child tells you about the game they played in school that involved identification of different animals and vegetables, singing alphabets with music or playing with fingers while counting numbers, feel relaxed because that is how it happens.
- Best learning environment: As much as you want to keep your child at home and make them learn new things, it gets tough with time. Children are not very welcoming towards sudden changes or seeing new people every day. Perhaps, only primary schools can provide the type of environment that helps your child learn new things and approaches towards life. Home and parents are the comfort environment that would never put them in a position where learning is the only option. Surrounded by unknown teachers and halfway friends can give them the urge to learn new things. Also, seeing other kids being interested in learning makes everyone want to learn.
Primary schools are known to be an extension of traditional learning. Like traditional teaching methods, internal growth is still considered to be an important focus. Teachers are very much aware of how to delve deep into children’s psyche. The ultimate goal is to help them grow mentally, physically and socially, and primary schools are doing a great job in fulfilling them.
Make a list of all top-rated primary schools that are approachable. Shortlist the ones that are financially and approximately feasible and choose the best one for your child. Moreover, take the opinion of your child during the selection process.