As a provider of any goods and services, if you do not register yourself under the regime of GST taxation, then you have to incur some heavy penalties or fines. Once you register yourself for GST, you can also collect the GST from your desired customers. Therefore you need to get yourself registered to make things simple and easy.
When do you need to register your business for the GST?
It becomes mandatory to get your business registered under an interstate or e-commerce business with an annual turnover of Rs. 20 lakh, and in some cases, it is Rs. 10 lakh. Also, if you need to pay the tax under subsection 5 of section 9, you need to get yourself registered for the GST.
The process of registration
Take the help of your email id and PAN number to fill out the GST registration form and submit the same. Along with that, you need to get all the documents required for GST registration of partnership firm ready if you have a partnership firm. You need to verify the email id and mobile number with your one-time password. Once this step completes, you can store the ARN number for future reference. After verifying all the documents, you can get the registration certificate within three working days.
Documents required for registration
You will require various documents for registering yourself under GST. These documents include:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Stakeholders photo including both the promoter and the partner
- Authorized signatory’s photo
- Proof of the address of your business organization. It can include the property tax receipt, electricity bill, or legal ownership document.
- Proof of the details of your bank accounts. it can include a cancelled cheque or a copy of the bank statement
- Copy of resolution that you can get done by the managing committee or the BDO.
Along with all these, you require the letter of authorization or the acceptance letter to make the process smooth.
Tracking the status of registration
There is a straightforward procedure for tracking the status of a GST application. You need not have to log in to the GST account again and again.
- You need to first login to the official website of GST
- Click the service tab
- Select the option of registration
- Choose the option of track application status
- If you have already got your ARN number, then you need to enter that
- It would display the status of an application on your screen
- Alternatively, it will be sent to your email id and registered mobile number
Apart from that, if you want to check your application status by logging into the GST profile, you need to log in with your credentials. After selecting registration, you can track your application status while entering your ARN number. Also, you will get a variety of GST services on the website. If you want to get any service, you can select as per your preference.
Important facts related to GST registration
Apart from the registration procedure, you need to input specific facts related to the GST registration.
- Every business has an annual rate of the total principal amount of Rs. 20 lakhs need to get themselves registered under the GST taxation system
- If you have half the turnover, you need to register yourself. Provided you live in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Sikkim, Jammu, and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Tripura, and Uttarakhand.
- You need not pay any fees whenever you register yourself on the GST.
- If you fail to get yourself registered, you need to pay a penalty of 10% of the due amount.